From Mom At Last Founder, Sharon Simons:
I personally had a long journey becoming a Mom. Along the way I have met many wonderful women with the same goal… to someday become a Mom. I started this website to capture and document our journeys as well as share information concerning the journey through motherhood.
I thought , "Let's form a community of like minds and goals — a place where we can share our joys and frustrations — with the goal to become a mom, at last! Let's create a place where we can share what we are feeling — fears, successes, disappointments and frustrations."
Whether your journey to motherhood is IVF, Adoption, Foreign Adoption, Pregnancy or any other journey; Mom At Last is here to share, and learn from each other as well as possible outside sources for contact and support.
Your story may include a pregnancy loss, adoption headaches, or an IVF story; but, take comfort in being part of a group that understands your plight and may have had similar experiences and outcomes.
Mom At Last seeks to
- Form a Community — a place that we can find people of like minds to form friendships and take comfort in the knowledge that I am not alone.
- Communicate with one another — share in the same goals with people who have gone through some of the same problems and complications.
- Give Support — and share your story or stories through writing articles or messages to others.
- Provide Comfort — to others who are feeling as though they have tried everything and have not been successful.
- Let others know that there are many who have tried several methods before becoming a Mom.
While every journey to Motherhood is different, some have true similarities. Please take comfort that you are not alone in what you may be experiencing and feeling.
Some of our Moms' journeys have wonderful endings, while others are more heartbreaking along the way.
But no one is alone.
Founder & Author, Mom At Last
Writers and Contributors to Mom at Last
Sharon Simons, the founder of Mom at Last and the creator of theAdoptionApp, writes numerous blog posts, news articles and stories about Adoption, Motherhood, Infertility and More, for the Mom at Last Community. In addition, Sharon wrote the Adoption Memoir titled Mom at Last: How I Never Gave Up On Becoming a Mother, which has been recently published! Email Sharon at Sharon@MomatLast.com
Heather Cox, the Web & Social Media Designer & Manager for Mom at Last, is also a Staff Writer on topics about Adoption, Motherhood, Technology and More for the Mom at Last Community. Email Heather at Info@MomatLast.com